After School Club
We employ an after school club leader, as well as an assistant after school leader too. Both staff have a first aid certificate or paediatric first aid and hold a safeguarding certificate. All staff are DBS checked.
Sheena Armstrong Kath Chappel
You are asked to complete a booking form, selecting which days of the week and times you would like your child/children to attend. Please try to book in advance as some days we bake or cook and need to know the number of children to cater for.
If you have secured a regular booking with us on designated days then you do not need to remind us each week, we only need notification if your child is not going to attend the session booked. If you wish to book additional days, then you need to see a member of staff who will confirm if they can accommodate your child on that day. Parents do have the flexibility of booking on the day if staff: children ratio is available. We prefer you to book in advance. We can not guarantee there will be a place if booked on the day.
Please give 24 hours’ notice for absence. If less than 24 hours’ notice is given, then the full fee will be charged.
Your child/children should be collected from the hall and signed out at the end of the after school session. If for any reason you need someone else to collect your child for you, please let us know beforehand, preferably in writing.
After school has finished at 15:30, year 4, 5 and 6 children will make their way to the Cottage. The after school club leader will collect the children from Reception to year 3 and meet up in the Cottage, where they will then be then taken down to the hall.
When the children are assembled in the Cottage, a register will be taken. At the end of the session, or sooner if the parent/carer chooses, a child will only be allowed to leave with an adult known to the staff at the club and specified on the registration form. Adults collecting the child/children must see the after school staff to sign the child/children out of the club stating the time collected. All children must be collected by 6pm. However, if a parent/carer is going to be late, they must inform the staff as soon as possible and before 6pm. These steps are designed to protect all the children and ensure the smooth running of the club.
After school snacks will vary from day to day, consisting of fruit, cheese and crackers, breadsticks, etc.
We have a selection of toys and games available for the children to play with as well as craft, cooking and sports sessions. A time table is available of these sessions. There will be a quiet area available for homework at the start of after school club.
Children are not allowed to bring their own electronic hand held games or iPads.
You will find a list of fees on the booking forms. Invoices will be raised every month and we would appreciate you paying these as quickly as possible.
Other important information
If your child has an accident whilst in our care, it will be noted in our accident book.
When you come to collect your child, we will inform you of the accident and ask you to sign the book.
We have a medicine consent form for you to complete if your child needs to take any form of medicines whilst in our care. This gives permission for staff to administer it.
15:30 to 18:00pm.
Main School Telephone – 01768 898458
Hall Telephone – 01768 898902
Email – email@example.com
Monday to Friday 15:30pm – 18:00pm.
£7 per day for 1 child, £12.00 for 2 children, £16.00 for 3 children
Please note that this is term time only.
After School Club Rules
- Children and Staff will respect one another.
- All children will behave appropriately and be courteous at all times.
- Sharing toys and equipment will be encouraged at all times.
- You must take care of property and the environment in and out of the club.
- Only snacks provided by the clubs will be acceptable.
- When playing outside, children must stay in the area agreed to by staff.
- Children must never leave the premises without being signed out by a staff member and parent or responsible adult designated to collect by parent.
- Instances of unacceptable behaviour are reviewed by the Head Teacher and would be included in the after school clubs leaders report.
Uncollected Children Policy
Lazonby C of E School’s Lazy Bees takes the safety and wellbeing of its children and staff as its highest priority. With this in mind, we have set out our uncollected child procedure
· If a child is not collected at the end of the day, we follow the following procedures:
· The child’s file is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
· If no information is available, parents/carers are contacted at home or at work.
· If this is unsuccessful, the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting are contacted.
All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the parents or nominated carers.
· The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named in their file.
· If no-one collects the child after one hour and there is no-one who can be contacted to collect the child, we apply the procedures for uncollected children.
· We contact our Local Authority Children’s Social Services Care Team by ringing 0333 2401727
· The child stays at school in the care of two qualified workers until the child is safely collected either by the parents or by a social services worker.
In the event of Social Services being called the responsibility for the child is passed to a child protection agency, the after school club leader will attempt to leave a further telephone message with the parent, carer or designated adult’s answer phone. A note will be left on the hall door informing the parent, carer or designated adult of what has happened. The note will reassure them of their child’s safety and instruct them to contact the local social services department.
Social services will aim to find the parent or relative; if they are unable to do so, the child will become looked after by the Local Authority.
Under no circumstances do staff go to look for the parent, nor do they take the child home with them.
A full written report of the incident is recorded in the child’s file.
Depending on circumstances, we reserve the right to charge parents for the additional hours worked by our staff after 6pm. The charge will be £10 per child for every 15 minutes. Due to the impact persistent late collections may have upon the personal commitments of our staff, should late collection become a regular habit, we reserve the right to suspend the child’s place within our after school club.